Last Updated on 23.11.2022
A candle wax melter is used to melt large amounts of wax quickly. If you intend to make candles and wax melts on an ongoing basis, wax melting is an excellent piece of equipment. This tool will help you make better products while saving you time and effort in the long term. Smaller wax melters can melt 8 to 10 lbs. in as little as 20-30 minutes.
The Best Wax Melter on the Market
Suppose you are just venturing into the candle business or have some experience making candles. In that case, our research findings on the best wax melter in the sections below will benefit you greatly.
1. SoyLite Wax Melter for Candles
- Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 8 inches
- Free Candle Making Book
Do you want to experience a mess-free wax melting for candle molding? If you do, then sit back and learn a bit about one of the most comprehensive candle-making kits available to buyers.
This amazing kit comes with wax sachets and two wicks to get you started on your candle-making journey. The spherical bowl holds the wax inside and has a maximum capacity of 6 quarts. The front side comes fitted with an elongated pouring spout with a hand-operated stopper. The bottom has three legs that hold the bowl. The legs are designed to minimize the chances of the bowl tipping.
For easy transportation, the bowl’s body comes fitted with two handles on both sides that come in handy when you want to lift the bowl and move it together with wax contents. The bottom also features a power cord attachment that lets you connect the wax melter to an AC power outlet.
A transparent glass lid completes the look of this melter and sits tightly on the top edge of the bowl. Moreover, the top of the covering lid comes fitted with a handle that matches the two handles on both sides of the bowl.
Making candles does not have to be an all-day affair. With this wax melter, you can reduce your time to make candles using traditional methods by more than half.
- The large capacity of the bowl holds enough molten wax to mold many candles at a go, and the fact that it can handle different melting kinds of wax means that you can widen the type of candles you make.
- The optimal operating temperature ranges between 130 and 400 degrees, which is enough flexibility to handle melting beeswax and soy wax together with coconut and paraffin enhancements.
- The bowl’s interior is lined with a durable nonstick coating that reduces any clean-up you must do after a candle-making session. After emptying the bowl, you must just scrap away the remnants and sanitize the interior.
- This wax melter’s durability and superior performance are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee from the manufacturer when you purchase it directly or through one of the affiliates online or in physical stores.
If you are looking for a wax melter that is easy to use, clean and guarantees superior performance, then this SoyLite product is for you.. After purchasing this melter, the complete kit enables you to begin making candles straight out of the box. At the same time, the well-articulated manual will guide you through the setup process with its straightforward first-use instructions.
- Non- stick bowl interior is easy to clean
- Easy pouring spout enables control of the amount of molten wax ejected
- A convenient size for home use
- Sold with extra supplies to get you started
- It heats up within a short time
- The pouring spout stopper might break when mishandled
- The lack of sensors means you cannot leave the melter unattended
2. Commercial Wax Melter for Candle Making
- Weight: 4.2 pounds.
- Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 8 inches.
- Temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
Are you having trouble keeping up with your customers’ orders for candles? If you are, you can now increase your daily output by shifting your candle-making processes from the old ways to the new and improved SoyLite wax melter with an easy-to-pour spout.
- The melter has a large bowl at the top with a maximum capacity of 6 quarts of molten wax.
- The deep sunken body is black on both the exterior and interior.
- At the base, the melter bowl has three protruding leg attachments that are spread around to make the bowl sit stable on a flat surface when the melter is in use.
- The body has two handles attached on opposite sides of the body for easy transportation of the bowl with contents.
- The top has a see-through covering lid that sits squarely on the top edge.
- A chrome finish that goes around the circular top edge of the melter bowl seals the space between the lid and edge, leaving no chance of aroma to escape from within the bowl.
How this wax melter performs during use
The interior of this bowl cleans effortlessly since it features a non-stick coating. The power cord attaches to the bottom and comes fitted with an adapter and temperature regulator. You can vary the temperature from warm to a maximum of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
This temperature range allows you to melt beeswax, Soy Wax, Paraffin, and Coconut, thus making it perfect for mixing and adding to your candles.
Once melting is done, the long protruding pouring spout with a plastic stopper allows you to pour out the contents slowly. The stopper comes coated with nickel on its exterior surface to ensure no chance of wax getting stuck or clogging the pouring spout.
This stopper gives our editor’s choice a run for the money. We actually faced a dilemma when picking between the two. In fact, the only reason this product came in second is the lack of extra accessories to get you started. This means you cannot use it right out of the box and have to spend some extra money to buy wax and wicks.
The manufacturer also guarantees the reliability of this wax melter by offering a money-back guarantee if the product does not make your candle production any easier.
- Easy to clean
- The manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee for unsatisfied customers
- Covering the lid locks in scents when scenting candles
- Easy to use
- Sold at a pocket-friendly price
- The spout does not drain all the contents from the interior
- Replacement parts are not readily available
3. Nighthawk Craft Supply 8 Quart
- Weight: 6.98 pounds.
- Dimensions: 13 x 12 x 9 inches.
- High power, 1500 watt heating unit
This large-sized Wax Melter is ideal for the experienced candle maker who wants to keep up with the demand of an ever-growing industry.
- The melter’s capacity is 60% more than smaller melters from the same brand.
- It comes with a large spherical bowl with a maximum capacity of 8 quarts and packs the same dark look on the exterior and interior.
- It also has a clear glass lid and a chrome finish around the edge. This means that it provides an airtight seal of the scents inside the interior of the melter.
- The base has three sturdy legs that are evenly spread out around to offer support to the melter bowl on a flat surface.
- On one side, the bowl has a power cord attached to the typical AC power outlet.
The melter operates between warm and a maximum temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit enough to melt Beeswax, Soy wax, and coconut, making them ready to mix with paraffin. A pouring spout protrudes from the body close to the base and comes with a hand-operated stopper. Nickel coating on the valve’s exterior reduces the chances of molten wax sticking and clogging the valve.
The large capacity of this melter means that you will be able to make more candles within a shorter time. This size is ideal for an experienced candle maker who works from home or a small shop and has an established and growing client base.
The manufacturer gives a money-back guarantee on every purchased product that does not impress the buyer, and this is enough assurance that you are getting a top-quality product.
- Easy to clean
- Large capacity handles molding more candles at a go
- Manufacturer gives a money-back guarantee for unimpressed customers
- Easy to operate
- Heats up quickly
- Must be monitored during use
- Draining the contents completely causes the wax to burn
- Difficult to control the temperature
4. Industrial Wax Melter for Candle Making
- Dimensions: 24.33 x 13.54 x 13.15 inches.
- Power: 1000 Watts.
- Container construction made of welded stainless steel
Are you looking for an affordable wax melter that can serve both domestic and commercial spaces? If you are, look no further. The Wax Melter is suitable for commercial candle production because it packs ultramodern features that improve user safety and make it easy to use.
The large melting tank is made of shiny stainless steel and holds up to 35 pounds of unmolten wax, which is enough for molding multiple candles in one cycle.
- The interior matches the exterior because it also features stainless steel construction and comes without a non-stick coating.
- Spacious loop handles are welded on both sides of the body, while the tank comes with a power cord that fits into a typical AC power outlet.
- The base has two buttons that make melting and retaining molten wax in the molten state easy. One button initiates the melting process of the contents, while the other button reduces power consumption by maintaining optimal temperature to keep the contents warm enough to prevent coagulation.
- The melter also comes with an easily operated pouring spout that toggles between on and off to control the release of the contents. Moreover, it has an inbuilt thermometer that allows you to regulate the interior temperature.
This wax melter is best suited for commercial candle makers with lots of business. The keep-warm and melt buttons and the thermostat regulator knob allow you to set up the melter for operation and focus on other things while melting continues. The size of the tank is also big enough for molding many candles at a go.
However, the lack of non-stick coating on the interior makes cleaning the interior difficult, even though it benefits from enabling the melter to last longer.
- A large capacity melting tank allows users to make many candles in one cycle.
- It has an inbuilt thermometer
- Easy to use
- It can be set for unmonitored use
- Has a durable body
- The lack of non-stick coating on the interior makes cleaning a bit difficult.
- Not suited for small-scale candle makers
5. TOAUTO Ｖ3 – Large Wax Melter with Temp Control
- Container Dimensions: 9.84 x 9.84 x 14.76 inches.
- Weight: 6.98 pounds.
- with stainless steel ball valve
This is a large, heavy-duty wax melter for candle making. Its double layer of 201 stainless steel with an insulation layer between keeps the temperature even and consistent.
- TOAUTO V3 comes with a stainless-steel ball valve and an upgraded inner tank design.
- It can hold 12 pounds of candle-wax!
- The wax doesn’t freeze in the pot and it doesn’t clog. You don’t even need a heat gun!
- The heating/warming indicator lights make it easy to keep track of when the unit is up to temperature and ready for use.
- The temperature control knob has seven settings on it, ranging from 80-212degF, allowing you to choose the perfect temperature for whatever type of wax you use.
- It heats up fast, yet maintains the original flavor. This is particularly important when you use it for remelting candles.
- It has an 80-212degF temperature setting, at which 1kg soy wax can melt in 5 minutes at 200degF.
It is very easy to use and safe! Also, it is energy-efficient and environmentally friendly! This is a great option if you’re looking to start a candle-making business. TOAUTO offers 1-year technical support and after-sales warranty.
- Quick Pouring Spout
- Extremely Fast Melting
- Heating/Warming Indicator Lights
- Double Layer 201 Stainless Steel
- Sometimes the spout gets clogged
- Spigot may become hot during regular operation
A wax melter helps you to mold candles into shape by transforming solid wax into a molten form that can be shaped to your liking.
What is a Wax Melter?
It is an appliance or vessel meant to melt any wax you like. Many come with a spout to make it easier to pour your melted wax. You can buy pots with spigots meant to be used with a heat source or buy one that includes a heat source.
They frequently include a temperature control so you can quickly melt different waxes. For instance, you want your soy wax to be around 185 degrees to add fragrance, and other types of wax have different melting temperatures. If you’ve been making candles already, you should know all your temperatures already.
They make it a bit easier to melt larger batches of wax. They tend to look pretty similar to rice cookers or other electric pots on the market. While you can use these for wax in models that offer temperature control, they can be a bit hard to use since they don’t have a spout to make pouring easier and neater. You could try pouring into a pouring pitcher, but I tend to spill when I have tried similar things in the past.
Wax melters such as melting tanks can be classified as either ‘direct heating or a ‘water jacket heating. The convection melter is the third type. A water jacket melter is preferred if more than 40 liters are being poured.
- Direct heat
Direct heat melters are usually aluminum and can heat over 260°C (500°F). This type of melter has the heating element in direct contact with the aluminum, called a ‘direct melter. These melters can’t be larger than 20-40 liters because they directly apply heat.
- Water jacket
Water Jacket Melters work more like a commercial double boiler. They keep substances evenly heated but heat up to 100 degrees Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit) since that is the boiling temperature of the water. Although they can be made from aluminum, most are made of stainless steel. Water jacket melters are much larger than direct heat melters. They can hold up to 580 liters and even more.
Another type of melter uses convection heating, similar to an oven. However, these heaters are more expensive than regular heaters and are slower to heat up because they rely on heat from the air. Convection melters can be dangerous for flammable heating materials and should be avoided.
Plug-in wax melter
You can buy melters that plug in, which work great for smaller candle makers or hobbyists. You can buy much larger melters, but these commercial models are frequently impractical for smaller batches. I like the electric models since many come with temperature control, so I don’t need to worry about overheating my wax as much.
Melting rate of wax
Small devices can melt 8-10 pounds of wax in about 20-30 minutes, so you’ll never have to wait for your melted wax to pour again!
The maximum capacity a wax melter can hold determines how many candles you can make without the need to refill the solid wax contents. Therefore, a small device will serve you just fine if you make candles for personal use at home.
However, if you have clients to whom you sell candles, you might have to consider buying higher-capacity wax melters that will enable you to make more candles.
Smaller melters are available in 8 lb. and 10 lb. sizes with and without spigots. Larger water jacketed melters are available in different sizes. This includes 20, 35, 70, 100, 150, 200 and 270, 500 and 1,000 lb. models.
Ease of use
Melters have no complicated devices. Once you have filled up the melting tank, you just sit back and wait as the wax melts. Once you have the wax you need, open the control valve to release the molten wax.
Additional features that aid in temperature control, such as inbuilt thermometers, also come in handy when you want to keep the temperature at optimal levels. The non-stick coating on the interior of some melter tanks is also important because it eases the process of cleaning the tank after you have finished using the melter.
Safety precautions when using the melter
Today, you will find many wax melters in the market that draw power from AC power outlets. Some have optimized safety features and can be left to run without being monitored, while others are not safe for unmonitored use.
Large-capacity melters need to have such features because they take longer to melt large quantities of wax. Smaller melters may lack such features, thus forcing you to monitor them throughout their use to avoid accidental fire breakouts.
Our editor’s choice and the second-placed melters are ideal for beginners, while the other two are good if you want to commercialize your candle-making venture. Our list is by no way exhaustive, but just a peek at where you can start looking when shopping for a wax melter.
Online markets have many more options of wax melters that you can consider buying. If you plan to organize a large-scale production of candles, we recommend studying industrial wax melters on the website: www.waxmelters.com.
New improvements are also introduced daily to make the melters available better and easier to use. We hope you enjoyed reading this post. More importantly, we are confident that you now have a better insight into how a wax melter can make your work easier if you are venturing into being a hobby or commercial candle maker.